Sunday, 18 May 2014

Knitting with a Purpose

Since the start of the year, I've been knitting a few little hats for the Age UK/ Innocent Smoothie company's Big Knit Campaign, an annual fundraising effort to generate resources to support Age UK's practical and emotional support to older people.

I made my thirteenth little hat yesterday:


to add to the other twelve I made previously:


They are all different, and that's because I like a lot of variety in my knitting. There are some themes though. I have four House Colours hats for Gryffindor, Hufflepuff Ravenclaw and Slytherin.


All of my mini hats are made from stash scraps, so they are helping me to stash down. Although, at approx 14 yards per hat (including embellishments like pompoms) I would have to make a lot to have a significant impact. I do plan to make more. They are great little projects to score points for my team over in the House Cup; I like making them; I feel good about them because they are for charity and I take trouble over them to make sure they are properly finished and hopefully attractive enough for people to want to buy them in due course.

Do you knit or crochet for charity? Feel free to share your information about it in the Comments box!

No comments:

Post a Comment